Seasonal Needs For Summer & Winter
This house was built in 1904 and I suspect it wasn't originally the highest quality construction. Living here now requires "roughing it" a little at times. It's not insulated and the electrical is questionable. Our bills are really high even though we try to conserve. My room in particular is a converted porch or perhaps mudroom. From the basement you can look up through cracks in my floorboards. It has a back door which, though I've covered it as best I can, lets in a chilly winter draft. I have 2 walls of cheap windows sans screens and my closet was once a bay window that has just been covered with plywood. Many of the window frames in our house are broken. None have screens. The house does not have air conditioning or ceiling fans to circulate air in summer or a fireplace or functional heat for winter.
Warm Weather Necessities!!!!
- Heavy insulated curtains, lined curtains or blackout curtains!
- adjustable window screens, like this!
- window fans, box fans or any type of ocillating fan!
- Warm Jammies, flannel or fleece (L or XL/1X if they have pants)
- Warm fuzzy socks
- Over the knee socks
- flannel sheets
- Heavy or insulated curtains (7-8 panels)
- Holiday decor, ornaments, wreaths, lights
- Clothes shaver -you know the little tool that cuts the pills off sweaters. I've been donated a few that will look less ratty after using this.