My Morning Starts At 5AM
There's TWO roosters!
We have a call and response happening!
Early morning contemplation on early morning sounds:
- *giggle* It's like dueling banjos but with roosters
- LiLi is not amused.
- I've traded foghorn for rooster which makes me a little wistful. However, there are also songbirds.
- Yes senor dominant rooster, EVERYBODY knows it's morning now. Thanks.
- "Boomerang ears" LiLi is like, WTF is that noise mom? I wish she could meet a chicken, she'd freak out.
- Oh no! This bird may turn me into a morning person!
- Luciano Gallus Domesticus Pavoroti Longfeathers could stand to expand his repitoire. He does have that one song down though. Perhaps a little vibrato to mix things up?
- Hello Mr. Corvid.
Hello barky morning dogs.
This is sounding a lot like where I grew up.
All we need now are screaming peacocks.
- Ah. My favorite morning sound, purring cuddle cat!
- New sound layer: train! Huzzah!
The Deal Keeps Getting Sweeter!
"Oh, every so often my mom will make a Costco run and ask me if I need anything. She comes back with these massive packages of toilet paper and paper towels. No one in this house has had to buy toilet paper in like, the last 4 years."
So my rent includes utilities, internet, cable, parking space, washer & dryer AND toilet paper? Boo yah!
And crazy ex landlady with her ramshackle slum where you never knew what insane amount you'd be asked to pay to subsidize their "music" said we shouldn't complain because we were getting such a sweet deal? The deal where her homies could come and use our toilet paper anytime she passed them a key?
Honey put the crack pipe down. This is a sweet deal!
And Now That I'm Awake (Again)
- Wake up ridiculously early to the neighborhood chorus of birds, dogs and train whistles commanded by the rooster maestro!
- First morning tinkle in new place. Aaah.
- Back to sleep for a few hours.
- Wake up cause it's hot.
- Go downstairs take out recycling with roommate. Ask if I can mooch some coffee because I have not brought my coffee or coffee maker over yet. There are 2 coffee making devices. Can't use one because there are no filters. Can't use the Keurig because "I have to throw that out. I dropped rice in it and can't figure out how to get it out." *Note to self: Another reason to hate these stupid machines!
- Settle for tea, English Breakfast with half & half. Yes!
- Go upstairs to hang with the kitty, drink my tea and eat a bowl of yogurt with granola and a giant peach sliced and juicy!
- Hear my name.
- It's our lovely landlady who has stopped by to see her son, pick some kale from the garden (Did I mention we have a kick ass garden?), and make sure I like Cameron, our newest roommate. She's adorable and SANE!
- Now to get on with the unloading of the car, running a couple of errands then back to Alameda to finish cleaning and emptying my friend's apartment. It's going to be a long and busy day during which my kitty will get to sleep through most of it, assuming she gets used to the rooster who either doesn't tell time well or more likely just has a lot of testosterone. Rooster #2 only seems to make a ruckus in the morning. Farm sounds in the city. Huzzah!